Career Exploration and Work Readiness Workshops
Find Your Wings provides workshops during the school day, as after school and summer programs, or as weekend retreats. The approach is modular and customizable. Through collaborations with counselors and administrators from non-profits, public/private schools and religious organizations, we create programs that help grow the career success potential of 8th -12th grade students and adults involved in workforce development programs.
Find Your Wings training focuses on cultivating and discovering:
- Strengths (Temperament, Interests, Skills, Learning Styles, Multiple Intelligences, Personality Type)
- Career Relationship Strategies (Networking, Social Media, Requesting and Receiving Feedback)
- Career Decision Making (Career Planning, School Course Selection, Internships
- Effective Team Participation
- Career Work-Readiness (Gifts and Limits of School and Work, Business Etiquette, Interviewing)
- Resume Writing (cover letters, career internet sites)
Participants learn to apply their new self-knowledge to:
- Become energized and learn to appreciate their potential
- Gain a Positive Perspective on life, work and how they fit into the world
- Learn to appreciate and articulate their learning style
- Apply new self-knowledge to make empowered curriculum and career choices
These highly interactive sessions involve individual and group exercises, as well as homework assignments that engage participants with adults outside of the workshop.
Parent Workshops, Counselors and Service Providers
The workshops help participants to ignite the flame and provide the structure for effective support for participants to achieve what they envision. Participants learn to replace fear/frustration of an unchartered future with optimistic, practical tools that can be used to support their efforts.
During the mini-workshops participants learn to:
- Uncover their strengths and skills
- Examine self-perception and how it applies to how they are currently motivating participants
- Learn how to effectively re-enforce what participants learn during the workshops
Keynotes and Presentations
Inspiring and informative Topics:
- Dreams, Desires and Discipline. Landmarks on the career journey. Presenter Dr. Helen Richardson
- “Work” that dirty word called Love. Presenter Dr. Helen Richardson
- The Tuskegee Airman experience, early African American aviators and African American military history. Presenter Dr. Eugene Richardson, Jr. – original Tuskegee Airman for all audiences.